ADSM-L

Re: Moveing the database..

2002-11-04 07:25:45
Subject: Re: Moveing the database..
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 04:20:59 -0800
Just simply dsmfmt the new ones on the new volumes with new names,
then define them to tsm BUT don't extend the db or log,
then delete the old ones.
TSM will ~move~ the data to the new ones and all is well.
OR
Just simply dsmfmt the new ones on the new volumes with new names,
then define them as mirrored copies of the existing ones
then delete the old/original ones.

either way works...
can be done while other activity is going on but best to do in slow times.

Dwight