ADSM-L

Re: Journaling Again

2002-11-02 14:46:47
Subject: Re: Journaling Again
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 13:00:22 -0500
>> If you stop and restart the service, then tonight's backup will be a
full incremental.  The journal service has >> to be running continuously
between 2 backups or TSM will always default to a full incremental.

Unless you use PreserveDbOnExit setting.

Pete Tanenhaus
Tivoli Storage Solutions Software Development
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on
11/02/2002 12:59 PM ---------------------------

"Miller, Ryan" <Miller.Ryan AT PRINCIPAL DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 10/31/2002
01:14:18 PM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

If you stop and restart the service, then tonight's backup will be a full
incremental.  The journal service has to be running continuously between 2
backups or TSM will always default to a full incremental.

Ryan Miller

Principal Financial Group

Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager v4.1