ADSM-L

Re: FW: YAPC.

2002-11-01 18:04:38
Subject: Re: FW: YAPC.
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 18:03:55 -0500
(Thanks!  This discussion is exactly what I wanted.)

=> On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:05:11 -0600, Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO
DOT EDU> said:

> I'm with Wanda on this.  I've got 36 domains but only 8 stgpools on 2 servers.

Well, some of my clients want colocation, some don't.  Some of them want
offsites, some don't.  Some of them want to control their own e.g. maxscratch
(as a proxy for how much space they're using), some don't.

The offsites question is probably the most sticky to accomplish.  Until and
unless you can

BACK STG PRIMARY COPY node=foobar

then there's no real way to do the separation I'd desire with everyone in one
big stgpool.

Even then, you've got a management headache of keeping track of which nodes'
data should be backed up to which copy pools.

_I_'ve got the headache of which domain should be backed up where, but I don't
have so many of those.

Fred, how would you offsite one domain's data?

- Allen S. Rout