ADSM-L

Re: HELP ON wzrdhlpr.exe command lIn TSM (Tivoli storage manager) 5.1?

2002-11-01 09:29:22
Subject: Re: HELP ON wzrdhlpr.exe command lIn TSM (Tivoli storage manager) 5.1?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 07:19:02 -0700

I want to know if the same command is available on other platforms ,like
AIX and Solaris.
<<

I already answered this question: it is simply a renamed version of the
Administrative command line interface. Please reread my last reply.

Another thing is: when I try
to run these commands to capture the output ( as I can give
sql queries using these commands) through java it just hangs.
On dos prompt it works fine like:

wzrdhlpr.exe -id=admin -password=admin select * from tables

But if I try through java like
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd d:");
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd cd d:/<tsm-location>");
Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd wzrdhlpr.exe -id=admin
-password=admin select * from tables");
it just does not get the output in process when I try to read it by
getting the inputStream and then calling readline().  I will send the
actual code and the output
<<

We do not formally support this kind of processing, so I can not say that
this is guaranteed to work. You could try redirecting the output to a
file, then processing the file. See the TSM Administrator's Reference for
more information about using the Admin command line interface.
Alternatively, continue working on getting the ODBC driver set up properly
so that you can accomplish what you wish.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

murali ramaswamy <muralirama29 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
10/31/2002 20:20

  I want to know if the same command is available on other platforms ,like
AIX and Solaris.  Another thing is: when I try
to run these commands to capture the output ( as I can give
sql queries using these commands) through java it just hangs.
On dos prompt it works fine like:

wzrdhlpr.exe -id=admin -password=admin select * from tables

But if I try through java like
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd d:");
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd cd d:/<tsm-location>");
Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd wzrdhlpr.exe -id=admin
-password=admin select * from tables");
it just does not get the output in process when I try to read it by
getting the inputStream and then calling readline().  I will send the
actual code and the output
-murali

> [...]
> > >Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:37:49 -0700
> > >
> > >The ODBC driver is available for Windows only (see the README file
that
> > >accompanies the ODBC driver for details on what Windows versions are
> > >supported). There is no charge to download the ODBC driver.
> > >
> > >You can find most TSM code on FTP site ftp.software.ibm.com in
>directory
> > >storage/tivoli-storage-management.
> > >
> > >From there, you will see "maintenance" and "patches" directories.
> > >"maintenance" is for .0 releases (i.e. 5.1.5.0) and "patches" is for
> > >patches (i.e. 5.1.5.2).
> > >
> > >The ODBC driver is a component of the backup-archive client. Since it
>is
> > >5.1.5.0, you want to traverse into the "maintenance" directory. To
find
> > >it, go to:
> > >
> > >    maintenance/client/v5r1/Windows/WinNT/v515
> > >
> > >Thus the entire directory is:
> > >

>storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client/v5r1/Windows/WinNT/v515
> > >
> > >The files you want all begin with IP22546_ODBC. The ODBC driver
package
> >is
> > >called IP22546_ODBC.exe.
> > >
> > >After you install the driver, run the ODBC Data Source Administrator,
> > >click on the "Drivers" tab, and verify that 5.1.5.0 is installed.
> > >
> > >Regards,
> > >
> > >Andy
> > >
> > >Andy Raibeck
> > >IBM Software Group
> > >Tivoli Storage Manager Client Development
> > >Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
> > >Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)
> > >
> > >The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.
> > >The command line is your friend.
> > >"Good enough" is the enemy of excellence.
> > >

> > >murali ramaswamy <muralirama29 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
> > >Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
> > >10/30/2002 09:14
> > >Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
> > >

> > >         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> > >         cc:
> > >         Subject:        Re: HELP: In TSM (Tivoli storage manager)
5.1
> > >querying its databse thorugh
> > >java code
> > >

> > >Hi,
> > >Actually I searched all IBM and Tivoli sites with key words ODBC
driver
> > >and Storage and the download pages do not have download for ODBC
driver
> > >for
> > >TSM 5.1 or TSM.  Do you know the URL for that donwload of ODBC driver
> > >version 5.1.5.0 for TSM for Windows 2000 and do you know if it is
free
>or
> > >if
> > >it requires some fees?  One more question is is the ODBC driver is
only
> > >for
> > >Windows 2000 (or) is TSM has ODBC drivers for Solaris and  AIX also?

ODBC
> >be
> >not

>in