ADSM-L

Old Client Code page got updated! (good news!)

2002-11-01 01:11:14
Subject: Old Client Code page got updated! (good news!)
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 00:09:53 -0600
If you liked that old Client Code web page, which was concise and pretty
easy to use, it just got updated - despite promises that it wouldn't be
maintained. When the train first wrecked a little over a week ago, that
page was still from July. There are now up-to-date links to all the new
client versions (5.1.5, 4.2.3...) released in October on the old-format
page at http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/clients_old.html
Bookmark it, but remember it is going away when its replacement finally
is made to work.

IBM: Thanks for doing that, as an interim measure while we all get these
web changes sorted out! Now I just wish you would put it back as
http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/clients.html until you get its
replacement to work. It's going to take a little more effort than I'm
sure was originally envisioned for 1) us and our end-users to find our
way around and 2) you to fix the many present problems. You will have
achieved your changeover goal when that page is no longer desired. We
obviously aren't quite there yet.

(Woe to you if you try to go to the new page! It just took 5 minutes to
load on a fast connection. It is still a bit problematic in presenting
the user with a search engine instead of an organized, concise list. And
it still asks for an IBM Registration ID just to download a client.
These issues, I'm sure, will be fixed, but they're problems as of now.)

Anything you try to fix will take longer and cost more than you thought.