ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation failure

2002-10-31 21:31:42
Subject: Re: Reclamation failure
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:27:57 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Gill, Geoffrey L.
> Why would reclamation fail on an offsite volume that is out of the library
> where it should be, in the Vault? Of course the storage media is
> inaccessible!
>
> 10/30/02 22:21:42     ANR1081W Space reclamation terminated for volume
> U02628 -
>                        storage media inaccessible.
>

> I guess the question is, is it looking for a tape that's unavailable
that's
> supposed to be in the library and is not? If it is why doesn't it report
> which one?

Geoffrey, all you have to do is check the activity log to see which tape the
library was trying to mount when the reclamation failed. The library is
trying to mount the primary pool tape that contains the copy of the file
that TSM is trying to reclaim.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE