ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange throughput numbers

2002-10-31 15:11:39
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange throughput numbers
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:35:55 -0600

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Del Hoobler
> I agree, those are bad throughput numbers.
> Try these values:
>
> backup/archive dsm.opt settings
>    TCPbuffsize   128
>    TCPWindowSize 63
>   *TCPnodelay yes          <********** REMOVE THIS ENTRY
>   *largecommbuffers yes    <********** REMOVE THIS ENTRY
>    TXNbytelimit    51200   <********** REMOVE THIS ENTRY, it has no effect
> for TDPs
>
> Exchange TDP settings
>    buffers 3
>    buffsize=1024

Check your speed and duplex settings for the Exchange server, the TSM
server, and the switch ports that are used to connect the two servers to the
network. Betchas at least one of them is set to "autonegotiate", rather than
hardset to a proper speed.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE