ADSM-L

Re: Journaling Again

2002-10-31 13:50:08
Subject: Re: Journaling Again
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:32:23 -0700
Geoff,

Make sure you are not using the QUIET option (just in case you are). QUIET
is nice when things are going well, but it is best to not use it when
diagnosing problems. Assuming that you are not using QUIET, then make sure
you see the 'Using Journal for ...' messages. If the messages are not
there, then a couple of things occur to me:

1) Was this the first incremental backup you ran after turning on
journaling? If so, then this is normal: the first backup will be a full
incremental (not to be confused with full backup) so that the journal
database(s) and server can be synched. Or did you do anything else (like
reboot) that may have caused the journal to require resynchronization?

2) Do you have all desired drives configured to use journaled backup, via
the JournaledFileSystems parameter? What does your tsmjbbd.ini file look
like?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
10/31/2002 10:56