ADSM-L

4.3.2.0 Server Level

2002-10-31 13:17:32
Subject: 4.3.2.0 Server Level
From: Danny Miles <Miles_Danny AT PIEDMONT.PROMINA DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:47:42 -0500
I'm finally getting around to building our new 4.2.x TSM IBM M80  AIX 4.3.3
server (this box has been sitting for about 9 months) next week and wanted to
ask for opinions about which level I should take it to.  For me, this is a big
jump since I've been living with a 3466 Netstore running 3.7.3.6 for a long
time!

This will be a new install and not a migrate from a previous install.  I see
that 4.3.2.0 is out there but I have seen a few complaints on the list but I'm
not sure what type of installs they were or if that made a difference.  I'm
thinking that if 4.2.3.0 is stable, then I could avoid the 'System Object'
issue I hear about when folks move to V5.

I see the 4.2.3.0 version on the ftp site is dated 10/14/02 and wonder if this
has been updated at all.

Any suggestions, opinions, ideas by anyone will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny.