ADSM-L

Re: Journaling Again

2002-10-31 13:16:44
Subject: Re: Journaling Again
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:09:58 -0800
One other thing to check - has this file system had a full progressive
incremenatal backup made against it? Look at the filespace with a 'q
filespace' command and check to see whether or not their is data in the
Last Backup Completed Date/Time field. A full progressive backup must have
been done in order for journalling to work.

At 09:56 AM 10/31/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>          1. First of all, look in the dsmsched.log file and look to see if
> you have the message:
>
>                  Using journal for '\\xxx-yyyyyyyy\c$'

It's not there but the service is started.

>          If you see this message, a journaled backup has taken place for
> that filespace. You should see this message
>          at the start of the backup.
>
>          2. Verify that the journal size is adequate. If you see a message
> like the following in the jbberror.log,  your journal size (specified by
> parameter JournalDBSize in tsmjbbd.ini) is set too low. If you take the
> default (as specified by Pete Tanenhaus
> in previous posts as a recommendation) you should not have this problem.

This is set to the default and there is no error message in this log
I guess I'll stop and restart the service and see what kind of reports I get
tonight.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer