ADSM-L

TSM 5.1.5.1 Again

2002-10-31 00:08:31
Subject: TSM 5.1.5.1 Again
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:29:03 -0800
When I was on 4.2.1.9 I would see, on average, 10 "session idle for more
than 60 minutes" messages per night. Since the upgrade it's out of control.
Last night for instance there were almost 50. I would have a few missed
backups each night, some of which were related to the scheduler stopped, or,
from what I could tell, some hiccup in the previous nights backup.

For others on this version with problems have you seen this also?

Is anyone on this version finding many more backups in a missed state,
because I sure am.

For anyone who has seen this in the past did you find a root cause?

Does anyone get clean backups nightly, consistently?

I'm just trying to find out how to deliver the message to management once I
get a fix. This has really opened some eyes around here, which is what I've
been trying to do for the past 2 years, just not this way. I just wanted
some attention focused on the passiveness of some locals who didn't want to
do anything.
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154