ADSM-L

Re: path length?

2002-10-30 17:44:28
Subject: Re: path length?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:43:34 -0700
Nancy,

APAR IC27346 has a pretty good discussion on this, and many of the path
length limitations were resolved in 4.1 (and up). Here is a link to an old
post that includes the pertinent text of the APAR.

http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0104/491.html

Note that the above item refers to the USEUNICODEFILENAMES setting, which
is no longer relevant in 4.2 and 5.1.

After reading the above info, please feel free to let me know if you have
any other questions.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
10/30/2002 10:47