ADSM-L

Re: Insufficient Recovery log space

2002-10-30 12:05:56
Subject: Re: Insufficient Recovery log space
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:01:01 -0400
Your TSM Server is not running because it has run out of recovery log space.
You need to define a log volume and extend the log volume(emergency extend) to
start the Server.
So use the dsmfmt command to format a new log volume  and then use the dsmserv
extend log command to extend the log (possible in 4.2.x version). In earlier
versions you had to recover by restoring the DB.

The command is:
dsmserv extend log new.reclog 20 (new.log is the new log file you formatted and
20- is the size in MB: yours would be as big as the file you formatted.)

Rajesh Oak
--

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:30:34
 Jacque Mergens wrote:
>I am getting a message of
>
>The server does not have enough recovery log space to continue the current
>operation
>Unable to establish session with server
>
>when trying to log into the manager console.
>
>Anyone know how what I can do to fix this?
>

>Jacque

Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get 25MB Storage, POP3 Access,
Advanced Spam protection with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.