ADSM-L

Backup Object

2002-10-30 11:10:08
Subject: Backup Object
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:10:51 -0500
> AIX 4.3.3 ML8
> TSM 4.1.5
>
> I've encounterd a bit of a problem.  One of our SP nodes now has over 27
> filesystems and I can't find any way (setting up the AIX schedule through
> the TSM GUI) to get Tivoli to allow for more than 20 objects (to be
> backed up) on any particular schedule.  Anyone have any ideas on how to
> get around this?
>
> I'm guessing I'll have to set this schedule to run from the command line
> (as I don't want to create more than 1 GUI AIX schedule) - but I'm not
> sure how exactly to go about it?

Do you really need an object specification? A null object specification
causes an incremental backup to back up all local file systems except
/tmp, which is usually the desired behavior. If you need to exclude
some file systems I would be inclined to put exclude.fs statements in
the include/exclude file rather than specify a list of file systems to
be backed up. In addition to avoiding problems with the length of the
object list, using exclude.fs eliminates the risk of not backing up a
new file system if you forget to modify the object list.