ADSM-L

Antwort: TSM Agent client in a W2K Cluster doesn't failover completly???

2002-10-30 04:32:30
Subject: Antwort: TSM Agent client in a W2K Cluster doesn't failover completly???
From: Markus Veit <markus.veit.mv AT BAYER-AG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:29:57 +0100
Hi,
with these 2 scripts you can install 2 cluster nodes and web clients, makes it
easy when you have to do it more often.
Sorry there is some german in it, tried to change as much as I could with little
time, but i hope it is understandable.

DSM.OPT
Cluster group DISK QZY
Nodename    by-ku01           Resource of  Cluster Group
      Domain Q: Z: Y:         Cluster Disks of  Group
      Clusternode yes
      Passwordaccess generate
      Errorlogname      z:\tsm\errlog.txt       clusterDisk
      Schedlogname      z:\tsm\errlog.txt       clusterDisk
      Httpport 158x                       x > 1 +1 for each resource
      Regbackup no

Install for 2 cluster groups
to install cl_inst.cmd local_node1 cluster_node path_to_opt1 cluster_node2
path_to_opt2 password_for_cluster cluster_name

rem cl_inst.cmd
rem Parameter

rem 1 name lokaler Node             BYKU01
rem 2 cluster node1
rem 3 dir clusternode1 with dsm.opt
rem 4 cluster node2
rem 5 dir clusternode2 mit dsm.opt
rem 6 Password
rem 7 clustername

set myDir=d:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient
cd /d %myDir%

dsmcutil install SCHED /name:tsm_loc_%1 /node:%1 /password:%6 /clientdir:%myDir%
/optfile:%myDir%\dsm.opt /validate:yes /autostart:yes /startnow:no

dsmcutil install SCHED /name:tsm_Cl_%2 /node:%2 /password:%6 /clientdir:%myDir%
/optfile:%3\dsm.opt /validate:no /autostart:yes /startnow:no  /clusternode:yes
/clustername:%7

echo cluster group node2 - %4
dsmcutil install SCHED /name:tsm_Cl_%4 /node:%4 /password:%6 /clientdir:%myDir%
/optfile:%5\dsm.opt /validate:no /autostart:yes /startnow:now /clusternode:yes
/clustername:%7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setting up Client Acceptor and a  Remote Client Agent service  Setup for 2
Cluster Groups:

rem Parameter
set myDir=d:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient

rem 1 name lokaler Node             BYKU01

rem 2 cluster node1                 BY-KU01
rem 3 dir clusternode1 with dsm.opt z:\tsm

rem 4 cluster node2                 BY-KU02
rem 5 dir clusternode2 with dsm.opt w:\tsm

rem 6 Password                      xxxxxxx
rem 7 clustername                   BY-CLKU
cd /d %myDir%

DSMCUTIL INSTALL CAD /NAME:TSM_cl_cad_%2 /NODE:%2 /PASSWORD:%6 /VALIDATE:YES
/AUTOSTART:no /STARTNOW:NO /optfile:%3\dsm.opt /clientdir:%myDir%
pause
DSMCUTIL INSTALL REMOTE /NAME:TSM_cl_rcA_%2 /NODE:%2 /PASSWORD:%6 /VALIDATE:YES
/AUTOSTART:NO /STARTNOW:NO /PARTNERNAME:TSM_cl_cad_%2 /optfile:%3\dsm.opt
/clientdir:%myDir%
pause
DSMCUTIL INSTALL CAD /NAME:TSM_cl_cad_%4 /NODE:%4 /PASSWORD:%6 /VALIDATE:YES
/AUTOSTART:no /STARTNOW:NO /optfile:%5\dsm.opt /clientdir:%myDir%
pause
DSMCUTIL INSTALL REMOTE /NAME:TSM_cl_rcA_%4 /NODE:%4 /PASSWORD:%6 /VALIDATE:YES
/AUTOSTART:NO /STARTNOW:NO /PARTNERNAME:TSM_cl_cad_%4 /optfile:%5\dsm.opt
/clientdir:%myDir%

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Markus Veit

W2K Cluster doesn't failover completly???

             owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT ED

             19:20

             Bitte antworten an "ADSM:

             Dist Stor Manager"

Is this normal?

I have setup the BA client in an W2K cluster with two nodes according to
the instrcutions in the Admin Guide App. E (Client is 5.1.5 on W2K SP2).

The Webclient works fine locally, but when it fails over and I try to
login to the webclient I can only access the local (non-failed over)
webclient.

In other words if I have node A and B, when node B failovers to node A I
can't login to the Webclient as node B anymore. I can only login as node
A. This means I can do a backup/archive of the clustergroupB disks (but I
shouldn't) but I can't do restores/retrieves from the clustergroupB disks!

In other words I can't do anything through the Webclient on the failed
cluster node disks!

Hopefully I srewed up somewhere during my install and this is not the way
it's supposed to work.

Please HELP!!!!