ADSM-L

clientaction output

2002-10-30 03:43:56
Subject: clientaction output
From: "Marcel J.E. Mol" <marcel AT MESA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:43:10 +0100
Hello,

I trying to use the clientaction schedules to run one-time
commands on my tsm server. As a test I ran:

  define clientaction aixclient action=command objects='/bin/ls /tmp'
This seems to be running, but I don't see any output anywhere (when
i run a small script that redirects output to a file, this outputfile is
created...)
So I wonder, where is stdout/stderr going to when running operating system
command with clientaction?

My actual problem is that I want to run a AIX script on the TSM server
itself to take care of some server administration. Using clientaction
seems usable as I have a tsm client running on the server, but I'd prefer
to have something like 'serveraction' so I can still run AIX commands when
the tsm client software is not active. Is there a way to do that?

many thanks in advance...

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.