ADSM-L

Re: 3590 compression vs tsm compression

2002-10-29 16:37:29
Subject: Re: 3590 compression vs tsm compression
From: "Slag, Jerry B." <jslag AT STATE.ND DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:35:34 -0600
Set your estimated capacity back to 39GB (higher if you KNOW you will get
more data on the tape). As the tape fills you will see the percent util go
up to 100%, the volume status of the tape stays as 'filling' until the tape
is physically full and the estimated capacity numbers will continue to
increase (matching the amount of data) as the tape fills.

Tapes in 'filling' status will mounted and filled in onsite pools. Tapes
that are offsite and 'filling' will reclaim but the numbers are bogus. I
check my copypool tape for 'filling' status daily and do a manual cleanup
whenever.