ADSM-L

Re: Computer Associates - Brightstore Resource Manager for TSM

2002-10-29 13:57:44
Subject: Re: Computer Associates - Brightstore Resource Manager for TSM
From: Lisa Cabanas <cabanl AT MODOT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:58:50 -0600
FWIW, a little while ago, a CA tech person was onsite for two days with the
operators here (unbeknownst to me, like the TSM admin should know,
anyway...) checking out our operation and set up.

Guess what-- he ended up calling the sales rep that was coming, to tell him
not to bother with the sales pitch for Brightstor, it wouldn't do anything
for us.

The only thing storage wise they ended up pitching was a Storage Area
Network manager product-- but the gotcha there was that it was how the
product was "supposed" to work-- it wasn't actually shrink-wrapped at this
point in time;-)

                    "Mr. Lindsay
                    Morris"               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <lmorris@server       cc:
                    graph.com>            Subject:     Re: Computer Associates
- Brightstore Resource Manager for
                    Sent by: "ADSM:        TSM
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                    ST.EDU>

                    10/29/2002
                    12:35 PM
                    Please respond
                    to lmorris

CA seems to buy tools / companies and market them like crazy, but not put
any energy into improving or supporting them.

I'd be interested in hearing your take on what features this product has,
and what it costs.
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Lead Architect, Servergraph
www.servergraph.com