ADSM-L

Re: Force Password Reset

2002-10-29 13:57:37
Subject: Re: Force Password Reset
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:51:55 -0700
Are you using PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE? If so, why do you think the
password is not being reset?

You can test this with a Windows client:

1) From the client machine, open an OS prompt and change into the
directory where the TSM client executables reside, i.e. C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient.

2) Issue this command:

   dsmcutil showpw /node:yournodename

(where 'yournodename' is the client node name).

Make a note of the password.

3) From an Admin command, update the client node with the FORCEPWRESET=YES
option.

4) From the client OS prompt, issue these commands:

   dsmc q se
   dsmcutil showpw /node:yournodename

Is the password different from that shown in step 2 above?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Mark Baker <mbake5 AT JCPENNEY DOT COM>
10/29/2002 11:38