ADSM-L

Re: Handling bad tapes

2002-10-29 13:35:45
Subject: Re: Handling bad tapes
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:33:12 -0600
If the tapes are suspect, you can do an 'audit volume' on them, to verify
the data is good.  If the audit comes back clean, do a 'move data' on the
failing tape(s), then remove the media from service.  If the tape hardware is
at fault or suspected, repair the hardware, then check the tapes with an
audit volume.  If the audit comes back showing 'bad data', do an
audit volume fix=yes on the tapes, then a 'move data'

hope this helps.

bob