ADSM-L

HELP on TSM database querying please!

2002-10-29 13:02:07
Subject: HELP on TSM database querying please!
From: murali ramaswamy <muralirama29 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:46:31 +0000
Hi,
 I get following error when I try to run a sample java program
(source code given at end).  I am trying to make JDBC-ODBC connection to the
TSM database through this code and the Connection call itself gives this
error:
C:\my-java>java TSM
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

I have created the DSN data source file as given in ODBC doc of TSM and the
contents of that file (TSM_DSN.dsn) are given below:

[ODBC]
DRIVER=TSM ODBC Driver
UID=admin
TCPADDR=192.168.97.44
TCPPORT=1500

Please see the java code below and let me know what I am doing wrong.
Thanks
-murali
====================
TSMConnect.java
====================

import java.sql.*;
public class TSMConnect
{
  public Connection connect() throws SQLException
 {
    try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); }
    catch (ClassNotFoundException e)
   {
     throw new SQLException("Unable to load JdbcOdbcDriver class");
   }
   // arguments are "jdbc:odbc:yourdsn", "youradmin", "yourpw"
   return DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:TSM_DSN", "admin",
"admin");
 }
 public void close(Connection dbc, Statement stmt)
{
  try
 {
   if (stmt != null) stmt.close(); if (dbc != null) dbc.close();
 }
 catch (SQLException sqlex) {}
}
public static void main(String args[])
{
 TSMConnect TC = new TSMConnect(); Connection dbc = null; Statement stmt =
null;
 try
{
  dbc = TC.connect();
  System.out.println("Connection opened.");
  stmt = dbc.createStatement();
  System.out.println("Created a statement.");
}
catch (SQLException sqlex)
{
  System.out.println(sqlex.getMessage());
}
finally
{
  TC.close(dbc, stmt); System.out.println("Connection closed.");
}
}

===============
TSM.java
===============

import java.sql.*;
public class TSM extends TSMConnect
{
 public static void main(String args[])
{
  if (args.length != 0)
 {
   System.out.println("Usage: java TSM");
   System.exit(1);
 }
 String query = "SELECT * FROM ACTLOG";
 TSM tsmObj = new TSM();
 Connection dbc = null;
 Statement stmt = null;
 ResultSet resultSet = null;
 try
{
   dbc = tsmObj.connect();
   stmt = dbc.createStatement();
   resultSet = stmt.executeQuery(query);
   tsmObj.presentResultSet(resultSet);
}
catch (SQLException sqlex)
{
   System.out.println(sqlex.getMessage());
 }
finally
{
 tsmObj.close(dbc, stmt);
}
}
public void presentResultSet(ResultSet rs) throws SQLException
{
 if (!rs.next()) System.out.println("No records to display");
 else
 {
   do
   {
     System.out.println(rs.getString("DATE_TIME") + ": " +
rs.getString("MESSAGE"));
    } while (rs.next());
 }
}