ADSM-L

TDP for SQL error

2002-10-29 09:12:25
Subject: TDP for SQL error
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:10:32 -0400
I have run into a problem with the SQL TDP v 2.2. When I try to backup a SQL7.0
database with the SQL TDP GUI I get the following error:
The Virtual Device Interface is not registered with the Common Object Model.
Microsoft has some workaround for the problem about changing a registry entry.
But if someone has seen this before and has successfully resolved the issue
then it would help us a lot.
I am not having any problems backing up other SQL Servers 7.0 to the same TSM
Server.

Any help is appreciated.

Rajesh Oak

Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get 25MB Storage, POP3 Access,
Advanced Spam protection with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.