ADSM-L

Re: Informix Restore, URGENT

2002-10-28 16:53:03
Subject: Re: Informix Restore, URGENT
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:46:44 -0500
> We had a crash on the primary Informix server, how ever Informix we want
to keep the database in
> there intact if worstcase we need the Informix techsupport to try to
recover some data from there, > therefore we installed AIX 433 ML8 on a new
machine and the Informix support moved the informix
> setup over and we moved the ADSM setup.
>
> The biggest problem seems to be when the onbar recovery starts the client
trys to login to the TSM > server, instead of using the nodename it is
supposed to use, it uses the nodename informix.  We've > tried to rename
the named in the ADSM Server to Informix to match the login try, but then
onbar
> thinks the userdata does not exist.

Arni,

It sounds like an incorrect option file is being used.
You must duplicate the "TDP for Informix" configuration
and setup on the alternate machine... that includes
any environment variables and/or options files that
are being used on the primary server machine.

If this is urgent, please make a call to IBM support
so they can help you through the issue.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.