ADSM-L

Re: SAP TDP Multiple Storage Pools

2002-10-28 05:46:43
Subject: Re: SAP TDP Multiple Storage Pools
From: Richard Foster <Richard.Foster AT HYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:45:58 +0100
> I have been asked to do a weekly backup to a separate storage pool,
> a monthly to its own storage pool.
> How would I set it up to look at different storage pool depending
> on the backup type specified.

We have separate TSM management classes, pointing to separate TSM storage
pools.
For TDP we have separate utl-files, which point to the various management
classes.

Then all you need is a suitable schedule which uses the correct utl files
on the correct days of the week/month/year.

Normal TSM parameters define the rest:
- the archive copy groups of the management classes define the required
retention periods
- scehduled commands back up the primary stg.pools as required

Robert should be your uncle.

Richard Foster
Norsk Hydro asa