ADSM-L

Re: restore hangs

2002-10-27 13:02:37
Subject: Re: restore hangs
From: DFrance <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 12:02:19 -0600
Tapes marked unavailable usually just need to be marked available (and
possibly checked back into the library).  I suggest setting it to readonly,
for now.

If the msg you got is "waiting for files from the server..." that just
indicates no-query-restore is invoked, the client will be receiving all the
data and is responsible to filter out data it already has, based on your
specifications.  You probably have a restartable restore in the queue;  do a
"q rest" to see; if so, just run the restartable restore -- use the cmd
"restart restore" to resume where you left off.  (This was new in 3.1, and
it worked fine after the first PTF was installed.)

Tapes can be marked unavailable if they are out of the library when the
system needs them, and the operator fails to respond to the reply-request to
check-in the tape;  also, sometimes a tape mount error can cause it to get
marked unavailable -- prevents it from being written.

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT att DOT net

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)