ADSM-L

DIRMC strange behavior

2002-10-23 18:33:23
Subject: DIRMC strange behavior
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:32:17 PDT
I have DIRMC specified for a couple of clients which reside in two
different domains.  I noticed today that the pool to which this manage-
ment class points contains not just data from the clients which
specified DIRMC, but from several clients as well.

The directory management class has the same retention policy as the
default, so I'm not quite sure why these other nodes are storing data
here.  If the directories are supposed to go to the management class
with the longest retention, what happens when there are two MCs with
the same retention?

By the way, all of the clients which are storing data here appear to be
WinNT/Win2K.  Other platforms seem to be going where I would expect.

Any ideas out there?

Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corporation
(858)-581-9668