ADSM-L

Re: Slightly off the subject - 3494 MIB

2002-10-23 14:31:11
Subject: Re: Slightly off the subject - 3494 MIB
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:29:25 -0400
For the traps to "work" right, one would need to define the traps on the
management console.  It'd be easier to have a MIB file, use NetView's
mib2trap utility, and then import the trap definitions into NetView
instead of having to define each trap manually.

Mahesh

>>> booth AT UIUC DOT EDU 10/23/02 01:39PM >>>
There really is no MIB, except the standard informational, lists
contact,
location, and phone number.  The MIB information can be found under
Commands -> SNMP options on the management console.

The 3494 only supports SNMP traps (messaging), which means it will send
a trap
to any host you specify in the SNMP configuration.  You can set which
things
to send traps for, under the management configuration.

bob

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 12:29:05PM -0500, Orville Lantto wrote:
> >From Richard Sims' ADSM/TSM Quick Facts
> (http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.funcdir)
>
> 3494 SNMP support       The 3494 (beginning with Library Manager
>                         code 518) supports SNMP alert messaging,
>                         enabling you to monitor 3494 operations
>                         from one or more SNMP monitor stations.
>                         This initial support provides more than
>                         80 operator-class alert messages
>                         covering:
>                                  3494 device operations
>                                  Data cartridge alerts
>                                  Service requests
>                                  VTS alerts
>                         See "SNMP Options" in the 3494 Operator
>                         Guide manual.
>
> The Operator's Guide does not mention, nor have ever found, a 3494
MIB.