ADSM-L

Re: Migrations

2002-10-22 11:33:23
Subject: Re: Migrations
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:28:09 -0400
Yep, this tends to happen when you have only a small number of large clients
in a disk pool.

When the disk pool fills above the HIGHMIG value and triggers a migration,
TSM picks the LARGEST CLIENT (or maybe the largest filespace, I forget) in
the pool and migrates that WHOLE chunk out.  Then TSM checks to see it's
below LOWMIG yet.  If not, it picks the next largest client and migrates
that one.

So if all the remaining data in the disk pool belongs to one client, it can
go down to 0.

Working as designed.