ADSM-L

Re: Oracle and TDP issues

2002-10-22 11:26:18
Subject: Re: Oracle and TDP issues
From: Rafael Mendez <rafael_mendez AT STARMEDIA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:24:55 -0400
Hi Zoltan,
I am not Oracle expert too but I think I can give you some clue.
Like you should know, in Oracle 8i RMAN appeared replacing to EBU (Enterprise
Backup Utility). So, In your case, you have to install EBU (if my mind still
works, I think the last EBU version was 2.2) which is included with Oracle 7.x.
Actually, TDP for Oracle does not support Oracle 7.x versions and, as far as I
know, EBU is also out of support from Oracle side.

Anyway, I suggest you to register into Oracle site and search for EBU support.

Regards,
Rafael