ADSM-L

Re: How to merge filespaces

2002-10-22 09:23:49
Subject: Re: How to merge filespaces
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 06:15:50 -0700
What you will find (last time I checked...)
Now, was the old filespace name eliminated totally ???
If so, TSM doesn't purge any of that data.
TSM doesn't know that the file system was removed, it only knows it isn't
available (maybe just not mounted...).
Existing inactive versions will expire naturally BUT the currently active
versions won't go away (ever), you will have to eventually purge them
manually.
AND based on the way your filespace names changed, you might need to look
into using {} to identify file systems...
Say you used to have a filesystem /oracle and under that you had
/oracle/d110  /oracle/d120  /oracle/d130 subdirectories but now you've
changed these to individual filesystems... if you had data saved under the
file system /oracle but under the .../d110/ subdirectory, say
/oracle/d110/myoraclefile.dbf  to find this you might have to do
query backup {/oracle}/d110/myoraclefile.dbf
to identify /oracle as the filesystem, if /oracle doesn't exist anymore and
they are all now /oracle/d110 etc...

probably about as clear as mud if you haven't had to deal with items like
this in the past...

hope this helps,

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III