ADSM-L

Re: ADSM to TSM

2002-10-21 16:18:17
Subject: Re: ADSM to TSM
From: John Coffman <JCoffman AT MCG-INS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:19:43 -0500
Hello,
     I'm running some clients at 3.7 with a TSM Server at 4.2.2.3 . I have
not run across any issues. You just have to make sure you point the clients
opt. file to the new servers address or name. Tivoli has a on a  web site
that list the Server version to clients version. Sorry I can't recall the
URL but I know it is out there.

                    Tan Sing Ming
                    <tsm_02@YAHOO.       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    COM.SG>              cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     ADSM to TSM
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    10/21/2002
                    09:28 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi

We're going to upgrade our ADSM 3.1 Server & client to TSM 5.1 Server &
client. But apparantly we have some client cannot be upgraded to TSM 5.1
because of the OS cannot be upgraded so soon and it will remain running the
ADSM 3.1 client.

This will means that the backup server will be running TSM5.1 server with
TSM5.1 client and ADSM 3.1 client.

Is there anybody running this type of configuration or having the
experience of running server at higher release and some client with lower
release ?

Please advise.

Thanks

 Yahoo! Travel
- Great flight deals, travel info and prizes!

The content of this email message and any attachments are confidential and may
be legally privileged, intended solely for the addressee.  If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that any use, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and destroy the
message and its attachments.