ADSM-L

Re: Transaction Log Restores

2002-10-21 15:04:54
Subject: Re: Transaction Log Restores
From: Richard Foster <Richard.Foster AT HYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:42:44 +0100
Del,

>> Question is, can I still archive these log files so they can be
>> applied to the previous backup?

> No.  You cannot. That is because Domino no longer "tracks" them.

Would it be possible to manually copy the 'missing' log files back to the
restore area before doing the restore? In that way, maybe the client would
find the logs at the time when they were needed in the process?

Alternatively, could you do a restore to a PIT just before the missing
logs, without an activate, then in some way apply the missing logs, and
return to the TDP to apply logs and activate after the missing ones?

Just a thought.

Regards,
Richard Foster