ADSM-L

Re: Veritas Enterprise Netbackup 4.5

2002-10-18 22:27:03
Subject: Re: Veritas Enterprise Netbackup 4.5
From: "Chetan H. Ravnikar" <Chetan.Ravnikar AT SYNOPSYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:03:59 -0700
Here is an interesting white paper on the real world comparisons

http://www.tivoli.com/products/documents/whitepapers/index.html

We have TSM for UNIX and Veritas NBPro for PC/laptops. We
started of testing NBPro server on SUN and it started crashing, we had
mixed feelings from the vendor.
Infact the guy who ported NBPro on solaris said he wouldn't bet on this
himself and that it was just a port, it was primarly designed to run WIN

Here is what we we see after putting the server on a Dell server and NT,
upon opening multiple console sessions corrupts the cataloges, Phew.. that
is was a big thing the server has crashed like a few times in the last
month. Veritas is looking into this seriously!!

Cheers..