ADSM-L

Where does the data go

2002-10-17 21:56:58
Subject: Where does the data go
From: Sam Haziprodromu <sam.hazi AT IRWINTOY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:41:13 -0400
Hi Tsmers I have a long winded question.When migration runs and forces the
data to be backed to the primary tape pool, why doesn't TSM just pick one
cartridge and fill it up and only then seek another cartridge.In other words
if this is how it really worked then you could get by with one bay in the
LTO. Is the fact that a copy pool cartridge is also sent offsite have
anything to do with my theory.If anyone has any thoughts on this i would
appreciate it if you could please set them down on paper.

                     TIA

                   Sam Haziprodromu  I.T.