ADSM-L

Sizing for 2 TB Oracle DB backup

2002-10-15 09:51:25
Subject: Sizing for 2 TB Oracle DB backup
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:26:49 +1000
I'd be interested to hear if anyone out there is backing up a 2TB or bigger
Oracle DB from IBM Enterprise Storage Server (SHARK). We are likely to have
to backup such a beast in the near future and I'm wondering how we can
protect so much data. We will in all likelihood be backing up the flashcopy
(ie using TDP for ESS and TDP for Oracle) but how many SAN attached drives
are needed?  Can anyone offer any experiences or suggestions as to what
sort of a configuration will accommodate such a volume of data?

Thanks for any input,

Eric Winters
Sydney Australia