ADSM-L

a new atl (for xmas ...)

2002-10-14 10:10:57
Subject: a new atl (for xmas ...)
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:09:25 -0400
Hello all

we run tsm since years, currently a 4.2 server on a 2way F50 and 100GB disk
pool
we have an automated tape library, something custom (a GRAU/ABBA-J with ibm
3590e drives and ca 1000 cartridges),
we backup/archieve ca 80 GB every day from our servers and workstations
over our lan
we evaluate our needs in the next 3 years to 150/200GB per day, maybe more
depending on HSM's use

for various reasons we can't/won't go on with this ATL, but we want to keep
tsm

our questions :
- what kind of ATL would you suggest in our case ? which are to avoid ?
- should we keep our 3590 drives or try a new media ? which ?
- do you know of reviews, surveys, papers about ATLs comparisons ?

TIA

please mail your answer back to me at mailto:thierry.itty AT besancon DOT org I
don't check the list often enough

Bien sûr que je suis perfectionniste !
Mais ne pourrais-je pas l'être mieux ?
        Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE