ADSM-L

Re: upgrade from TSM 4.1.3 to TSM 5.1.5

2002-10-14 05:30:24
Subject: Re: upgrade from TSM 4.1.3 to TSM 5.1.5
From: "kurt.beyers AT pandora DOT be" <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:23:37 +0200
>I'm not too sure about the whole cleanup backupgroups myself. I
>understand that Tivoli has re-done the way the database handles
>Windows SYSTEM OBJECTS. So if you don't delete them, then the CLEANUP
>BACKUPGROUPS, as I understand, cleans that up for you

Is this change in system object storage somewhere discussed. I don't find
anything about it anywhere (except in the ADSM discussion group).

So either you delete the system objects prior to the upgrade (with the risk
that you don't have a backup of the system objects till the next backup of the
clients) or either you use the 'cleanup backupgroup' after the upgrade so that
the system objects backed up in TSM 4.x can be restored in TSM 5.x. Or thus the
'cleanup backupgroups' just deletes the system objects as well? And in that
case, why don't ITMS tells you to delete the system objects prior to the
upgrade?

Kurt

Is this