ADSM-L

Slow backups

2002-10-13 09:12:02
Subject: Slow backups
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 05:46:12 -0700
Hi list,

I have just installed a TSM 5.1.0 Server on a W2K Server box. The database
was restored from a NT server running TSM 4.1.3. The upgrade was
successful and the new TSM is up and running.

The problem is that the backup operations are taking too long. A full
backup from a Notes Server that usually took 3 hours to complete is now
taking 12 hours !! The 5.1.0 cilent is already installed at this Notes
server. Please notice that I am talking about a simlpe file backup, it is
not the TDP for Domino.

Also, I perfomed the backup on two NetWare servers running the 4.1.X
client and they all are taking much more time than before, when using the
TSM 4.1.3 server.

I tried to tune some parameters at the dsm.opt in the Notes Server, like
including the RESOURCEUTIILZATION 10 and setting the MAXNUMMP to 8 at the
TSM Server but .... despite the multiple sessions, the backup was still
very slow.

Any ideas on this ??

Thank you.

Mario Behring