ADSM-L

Re: Win2K 4.2.3 client - install problem

2002-10-11 17:39:15
Subject: Re: Win2K 4.2.3 client - install problem
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:37:33 -0700
Hi Wanda,

Are you running it via a terminal server session? If so, try running the
setup.exe program via "Add/Remove Programs...". Also, if you are accessing
the install image from a network share, try putting the install image on a
local drive.

If none of that makes a difference, then please open a problem record with
IBM support and send them a setup.log file of the problem.

To create the setup.log file, open an OS prompt, change into the directory
where setup.exe is located, and run it as follows:

   setup /v"/l*v c:\setup.log"

After the install fails, you should have a setup.log file.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

"Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
10/11/2002 13:30