ADSM-L

migration: waiting for acccess to tape annoyance

2002-10-10 14:29:14
Subject: migration: waiting for acccess to tape annoyance
From: Suad Musovich <s.musovich AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:28:48 +1300
Had the below happen to me last night. It actually happens when a node
backs up a large data file (larger that the stgpool Max) that streams
directly to tape, then takes it's time.
The job was a routine migration to empty the diskpool making way for the
night of the bulk backups

Is there anyway for a migration to timeout for a specific tape?

(I suspect the node, in this case, is on a 10Mb connection and backing
up a 21GB file)

361     Migration
                Disk Storage Pool BACKUPPOOL, Moved Files:
                118365, Moved Bytes: 21,245,640,704, Unreadable
                Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current Physical
                File (bytes): 512,000

                Waiting for access to output volume UA0283
                (19095 seconds).

Suad