ADSM-L

AW: How many tapes reclaimed by space reclamation?

2002-10-09 10:51:46
Subject: AW: How many tapes reclaimed by space reclamation?
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:48:25 +0200
Hi Rob,

I have seen that some people have sent scripts to you. So you don't need my
ones.
But there is one point I would like to tell you : if your client sends
compressed data and the file-information shows the original size there can
be a lot of data on a tape if the reclaimable space is 90 %. I saw this
often with my Novell-Pool. Then the reclamation runs for these 10 % a long
time ( in these cases I look at the PCT UTILIZED too (the sum of PCT
UTILIZED and PCT RECLAIMABLE in these cases is always a lot more than 100 %
(e.g.130%)).

Best wishes

Chris