ADSM-L

Export node question

2002-10-09 04:50:18
Subject: Export node question
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:40:32 +0200
Hi

I run each month a Disaster Recovery of some critical clients and take the
data offsite. My question is after the process finished and the cartridge
are checkout off the library with a copy of volhistory , devconfig and DBS I
have a client who missed the scheduler and not backup . Can I a day after
make a special export node with the option filedata=backupactive , checkout
the volume.

Can I do after atotal crash a restore first of my DBS with the volhistory
,devconfig , checkin the cartridges back of the DRM and secondly make an
import node of my missed client with the parameter volumenames= XXXXX .

My volhistory file is without the event of the export node which take place
after the DRM process .....

T.I.A Regards
Robert Ouzen
E-mail: rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac DOT il