ADSM-L

Renaming a TSM server.

2002-10-08 11:36:34
Subject: Renaming a TSM server.
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:34:31 -0500
Good Morning everyone,
 Due to some reallocating of resources it has become necessary to relocated
one of my TSM servers and Jukebox. Our company has historically prefixed
system names with the  geographical location of the installation.

I would like to change the name of the TSM server to comply with this naming
structure.

My plan:

Change the TSM server name and IP address to comply with the corporate
standard in the new plant.

Update my DNS to reflect the new system.

Change every client's server identification to point to the new IP.

Restart all schedulers and remote web services on all clients using this new
IP.

Questions:

Is this possible without damaging the DB ?

What other steps should be added ?

Has anyone done this before ?

Duane Ochs
Systems Administration