ADSM-L

Linux client requirements

2002-10-07 14:14:09
Subject: Linux client requirements
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:16:08 -0400
I attempted to use Tivoli's Web site this morning to find out which client
levels are compatible with some of our Intel Linux systems. I ended up
at an IBM site which required registration. The registration process
included a page for entering IBM customer numbers and other information
as proof of entitlement to some content. My site's customer number was not
accepted as valid. Attempts to contact IBM have so far gotten me nothing
except referals to other parts of IBM. In one case, the person I talked
to tried to send me back to the group that had referred me to him. While
I was waiting for a response to my latest contact I tried to get to the
client requirements with just the basic user ID and password. I was
unsuccessful; the link to the page had an icon indicating content that
requires proof of entitlement.

Is there anyplace where I can still get client requirements information
without registration and proof of entitlement?