ADSM-L

Re: Does TSM lock files when backup/archiving?

2002-10-07 06:55:17
Subject: Re: Does TSM lock files when backup/archiving?
From: Arni Snorri Eggertsson <arnie AT GORMUR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:52:58 -0000
About the TDP then it depends on which TDP you are talking about,  for
example: if it is the TDP for Oracle then RMAN handles the database
consistency, if it is the TDP for MSSQL then the standard MSSQL-API's handle
database consistancy etc..

but in short some kind of locking happens when using TDP but usually there
are standard API's that handle databaes consistancy.

best regards,
Arni Snorri Eggertsson
arnie AT gormur DOT com