ADSM-L

Re: TSM Database backup

2002-10-07 02:42:42
Subject: Re: TSM Database backup
From: Raghu S <raghu AT COSMOS.DCMDS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 23:44:34 -0700
yes you can

1.define a devclass with devtype=file

     >define devc <filedevc> devtype=file directory=<destination directory>

Make sure that sufficient freespace is available for destination directory
specified in the devclass definition

2.take the database backup

     >backup db type=full devclass=<filedev>

Regards

Raghu S Nivas
Consultant - TSM
DCM Data Systems Ltd
New Delhi
India.

e-mail: raghu AT cosmos.dcmds.co DOT in,dearaghu AT rediffmail DOT com.

                    "Ganu Sachin, IBM"
                    <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2 DOT SIEM        To:     ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    ENS.CO.IN>                    cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist          Subject:     TSM Database
backup
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    10/06/2002 11:20 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Hi

Can I redirect full database backup of TSM to a file level on the disk
instead of tape ?

Regards

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services (I) Pvt Ltd.