ADSM-L

Re: devtype=FILE ?

2002-10-05 14:47:29
Subject: Re: devtype=FILE ?
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 11:44:59 -0700
Hi Joshua,

The backup db is already running Ok with the devtype=FILE.

There are some considerations though, like the Administrator must have the
same password in both machines and, at the NT machine, the TSM Server1
service must log on as Administrator and the administrator must have the
permission "Log on as a Service". At the W2k machine this permission is
granted automatically when you configure the TSM Server service to log on
as local administrator.

Let's see now how the restore will behave !!

By the way, I intend to migrate this TSM Server to 5.1.X afterwards. Do
you know if 5.1.X version supports Novell NetWare, I mean, is there 5.1.X
agents for NetWare ??

Thank you.

Mario Behring
Tivoli Consultant