ADSM-L

Re: how to add tape to library? (fwd)

2002-10-04 16:33:59
Subject: Re: how to add tape to library? (fwd)
From: Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev AT HERA.ITG.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:32:39 -0500
okay, i do that exact command:

adsm> label libvol ITG-3575 search=bulk labelsource=barcode
checkin=scratch

and it starts to read all the labels in my library, but then it comes up
with the error:

ANR8314E Library ITG-3575 is full.
ANR8841I Remove volume from slot 30 of library ITG-3575 at your
convenience.
ANR8802E LABEL LIBVOLUME process 87 for library  failed.
ANR0985I Process 87 for LABEL LIBVOLUME running in the BACKGROUND
completed
with completion state FAILURE at 15:28:48.

how can the library be full, i just removed 4 tapes from it yesterday! it
could be that the tapes were not properly removed, so the server "thinks"
it's full, even when it isn't.

so how do i get the server to read the tapes, and verify which ones are in
the library, and which ones arn't.

keep in mind that i have data on all these tapes, and i can't lose it!

thanks much for the help!

alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev AT itg.uiuc DOT edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu