ADSM-L

NDS partition backup

2002-10-04 07:45:48
Subject: NDS partition backup
From: "Nelson, Doug" <DNelson AT CHITTENDEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 07:38:48 -0400
   I'm a bit frustrated with the lack of specificity in the TSM Netware
client manual. It seems to just pat you on the head and tell you not to
worry, everything is backed up. Here's my question:

I have an NDS container (in a large tree) that contains a single Netware 4.2
server (the TSM client node). The container is it's own netware partition
and the master replica of the partition on it.

If I do a default incremental backup (no special includes), is the partition
and all of the containers associated NDS data backed up as part of "System
Specific files"? Or should I be doing a special include like
include nds:.o=org.ou=container.*  ?

                                        Thanks, Doug

Douglas C. Nelson
Distributed Computing Consultant