ADSM-L

Re: Space reclamation runs, but tapes don't free up

2002-10-02 09:30:58
Subject: Re: Space reclamation runs, but tapes don't free up
From: "Burton, Robert" <robert.burton AT RBC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:30:00 -0400
There is a known problem opened with IBM on this...  We were told to upgrade
to tsm 4.2.2.4 or higher...this seemed to clean up most but not all these
problems...  If you q content on the tape it is empty, yet if you try to do
reclamation or delete it you are informed that there is still data on it....
We were told we would have to issue an auditdb to clean it up...this would
knock our production server off the air for over 27 hrs...so we opted no to
do this....

When we tried to upgrade from tsm 4.2.2.4 to tsm 5.1.0.0 we experienced the
following problem:

Item PQ64254

  APAR Identifier ...... PQ64254       Last Changed..02/09/12
  ANR9999D IMINIT.C  GROUP.MEMBERS ERROR 8 UPGRADEDB

We were informed to upgrade to 5.1.1.4 or higher and run a cleanup
backupgroups command....this also fixed nothing....

I have an additiona PMR opened with IBM on this problem and am waiting to
hear back...

thanks
Robert Burton
Enterprise Storage Network Analyst
Royal Bank of Canada
315 Front St West
Toronto, On, M5V 3A4
* 416-348-3849
* Robert.Burton AT rbc DOT com <mailto:Robert.Burton AT rbc DOT com>